I saw a link to this on twitter and went through and totted up, I was surprised how many I got. When I saw the post pop up on Mrs M’s blog I thought great idea, so I hope she doesn’t mind me using it.
1. Having a mortgage – Not yet, but I have an appointment to get one!
2. Mum and dad no longer make your financial decisions – yes
3. Paying into a pension – yes, have done for years
4.Conducting a weekly food shop – yes, it is the low point of our week
5. Written a Will – not yet, but will do when no.1 gets sorted out
6. Having children – I’m half way there with this one!
7.Budgeting every month – Yes, every month I update my spreadsheet so I know what money I have to spend
8. Being able to cook an evening meal from scratch – of course
9. Getting married – no
10. Having life insurance – I think this could be 0.5 point, death in service payment
11. Recycling – yes
12.Having a savings account – yes
13.Knowing what terms like ‘ISA’ and ‘tracker’ mean – yes
14.Watching the news – yes, albeit not as often as I should
15. Owning a lawn mower – Phil does, so I will say yes, not that I ever intend to use it
16. Doing your own washing – yes, just listening to the washer spin now
17. Taking trips to the local tip – Phil does so I will say yes to this, as I sort the rubbish to go to the tip
18. Planting flowers – yes
19. Being able to bleed a radiator – no, but I probably could if I put my mind to it
20. Having a joint bank account – not yet, one is supposedly getting sorted out…cough,cough get on with it Phil
21. Having a view on politics – yes, but I don’t talk politics
22. Keeping track of interest rates – yes
23. Finding a messy house annoying – yes, but I am an active contributer to the mess….
24. Being able to change a light bulb – I have succeeded with this in the past, but last time I did it I broke the fitting…
25. Owning a vacuum cleaner – yes, and I desperately want the new Dyson that automatically adjusts to the type of floor
26.Holding dinner parties – yes, nothing recently though – must do better
27. Listening to Radio 2 – no
28. Enjoying gardening – yes, well mostly, not the back breaking bits but the making look pretty and watering
29. Spending weekend just ‘pottering’ – yes
30. Mum starts asking you for advice – yes
31. Carrying spare shopping bags just in case – yes, and also feeling super annoyed when I’ve forgotten them
32 .Like going round garden centres – *whispers* yes, please don’t tell anyone
33. Wearing coats on a night out – absolutely, wearing a boobtube dress in the snow is definitely a thing of the past
34. Going to bed before 11pm – most nights
35. Making sure mum and dad are phoned at least once a week – yes, or texting
36. Classing work as a career rather than a job – yes
37. Repairing torn clothing rather than throwing it away – no, I’m too lazy
38. You iron – yes, and it’s my turn this weekend – damn!
39. You wash up immediately after eating – yes, I despise the washing up being left
40. Enjoy cooking – when it goes right!
41.Buying a Sunday paper – occasionally
42. Always going out with a sensible pair of shoes – At the moment, yes
43. You like receiving gift vouchers – who wouldn’t?
44. Work keeps you awake at night – often, but I’m one of life’s worriers
45.Filing post – when I remember, often just in a pile round the house
46.Having a ‘best’ crockery set – not yet, but I will do when I buy it!
47.Being able to change a car tyre – no
48.Being sensible enough to remove make up off before bedtime – yes, no excuses at the moment
49.Being able to follow a receipt – yes
50.Owning ‘best towels’ as well as ‘everyday towels’ – yes, although in the move they got jumbled with every day ones, so now I need new best ones. I also have ‘best’ tea towels. Well the harrods one can’t be used all the time!
39/50 with a few more to be added in the next few months as things get sorted! I am officially a grown up!
How grown up are you?